Learn More About 7th Element Heating and Cooling
Have an HVAC-related question? We have the answer! Check out our FAQs to learn more about 7th Element Heating and Cooling.
- When should I replace my furnace?
There are a number of factors that contribute to needing a furnace replacement. How old is your furnace? If it’s over 15 to 20 years old, it’s likely time for a furnace replacement simply because this will improve your energy efficiency. Other factors include how well it’s heating your home, how often it requires repairs, how much it costs to heat your home, and more. We will be able to tell you whether you need a furnace replacement or furnace repair in Meridian, ID.
- What is a service call fee?
A service call fee is $65. This includes a diagnostic analysis of the HVAC system and options to repair or replace it. For additional information, contact our heating contractors in Meridian, ID today.
- Do furnaces give off carbon monoxide?
Yes, they do. Carbon monoxide is produced through incomplete combustion, but it is vented out of the house properly. However, if the problem is in the vent itself, carbon monoxide can get inside the house. Vent problems are often caused by worn-out heat exchangers, so be sure to check and replace old heat exchangers to ensure safety. Also, it is helpful to install a carbon monoxide detector inside the house. To be sure everything is running smoothly, feel free to have our heating contractors in Meridian, ID check out your furnace.
- Why won’t my furnace turn on?
There are many reasons why furnaces fail to turn on and you’d need to call on us for furnace maintenance in Meridian, ID. It can be a thermostat problem, an insufficient supply of natural gas, or a mechanical issue is taking place inside the furnace. This usually happens when you first turn on your furnace after a long summer rest and also in the middle of the winter when you constantly use your furnace. That is why it is important to have a regular maintenance check.
- Why is my furnace leaking water?
Condensation is the number one reason for leaking water, especially on high-efficiency furnaces. When the drain channel is blocked, it causes water to puddle. This is not much of a problem for conventional furnaces, but if you are experiencing the same issue, the cause is probably an incorrect installation of the flue pipe and furnace humidifier. If you believe you’re dealing with incorrect furnace installation in Meridian, ID, call our experts today.
- Why is my furnace making noise?
Some noises are part of the normal operation, but if you start to hear unusual sounds, you probably require furnace repair in Meridian, ID. The cause, however, depends on what kind of noise your furnace is producing. The cause is most likely dirty burners, problems in the ignition system, or some mechanical parts that need lubrication. Are you having problems with your furnace? Do not hesitate to request an appointment with our professionals.
- Why do you need to schedule a furnace tune-up?
- It keeps your warranty intact. Failure to have your furnace tuned up can void the manufacturer’s warranty. It is important to schedule a system check at least once a year and file records of results during the inspection and routine furnace maintenance in Meridian, ID.
- It prolongs the unit’s life. If you want your unit to serve you more than its suggested time range, regular system tune-ups can help. By keeping an eye on your unit and identifying small problems, you will be able to provide immediate solutions before they bring great damage to your unit.
- It improves efficiency. When your furnace is running in good condition, you are guaranteed great savings in energy usage.
- It reduces the need for repairs and changes of a system breakdown. A furnace tune-up saves you from expensive repairs every now and then by keeping your unit clean and free of dust and blockages which are mostly the cause of system breakdowns.
- It keeps your home safe. Furnaces also produce dangerous gases such as carbon monoxide. A regular tune-up ensures that these gases are venting out properly. It also checks and gives you the assurance that the air you breathe inside your home is healthy and safe for everyone who dwells in it.
- What does a furnace tune-up involve?
- A visual inspection. Furnace tune-up starts with visual inspection in and out of the unit and the venting system. The heating contractors in Meridian, ID check if the joints are sealed and that there are no blockages that hinder the system’s proper operation.
- Changing the air filter. The air filter is replaced or cleaned if needed to keep proper airflow.
- Cleaning the components. Dust and other debris are removed from the components to secure proper operation and keep them safe from the dangers of fire.
- Checking electrical connections. Technicians check worn-out wirings and damaged electrical connections to ensure safety.
- Detecting carbon monoxide leaks. A carbon monoxide detector is placed around the unit and in your home to ensure that CO gas is not polluting the air you breathe.
- A thermostat check. The thermostat is checked to see if temperature reading and signals are accurate. If you need a scheduled or emergency furnace tune-up, feel free to call our experts.